We occasionally get asked by friends and readers, “what can I do to help make WinCity News & Views a success?” We have been pleased and humbled by the many folks who read and support our project. If you’d like to help, read on.
We want to grow our readership because we are striving to create an electronic medium that speaks of and for Winchester and Clark County. To do that, we need to reach a critical mass of readers. We do not hide any of our content behind a paywall, nor do we sell ads that litter up many similar sites. Therefore, we rely on you — our readers — to help increase awareness of our digital publication and help fund our operations through voluntary financial contributions.
Below are some easy ways you can help us achieve our mission.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (we hope to add more social media outlets soon.)
- Like, share, comment, and retweet our content on social media. This is very important. The more people interact with our content, the higher it moves in the algorithms that determine how far our reach is. More interaction = more people seeing our content.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get a weekly reminder of new articles — and forward the newsletter to friends who might be interested in our site.
- Review us on Facebook to show the world what you think of WCN&V.
- Tell your friends about us! There’s nothing like word-of-mouth advertising. Just ask them to visit wincitynews.org and check us out.
- Want to contribute material? If you have a gift for writing or photography and are interested in becoming a guest contributor to WCN&V, just go to our contact page and submit a sample of your writing. We rely on volunteers to supply us with fresh, original content that is of interest to folks in Clark County.
- Tell us how we’re doing. We value your feedback! Please let us know if we’re hitting the mark. Offer your comments and suggestions – tell us how we can better serve you. Use our contact form to offer your opinion.
We are now able to accept voluntary financial support from individuals and organizations who would like to see us thrive. Since we have no paid staff or offices to maintain, our financial needs are modest. But we do have to cover website hosting fees and related expenses, plus other operating expenses. Once those needs are covered, we hope to raise enough money for social media and local advertising buys to grow our audience.
There are currently two ways you can help with this effort.
If you’d like to send us a check for any amount, this is the most efficient way, as it helps us avoid processing fees. Please make your check out to WinCity Media and mail it to:
1619 Bypass Road, PMB 114
Winchester, KY 40391
If you prefer to make your contribution via a credit or debit card, we are working on setting up a means to do that securely and reliably.
No matter how you choose to support us, from simply visiting our site to helping us out financially, you are very much valued and appreciated!
Important note: We do operate this enterprise as a non-profit — none of us receives any remuneration for our work and all revenue gets spent on operating and promoting the site. However, we are not an official IRS-designated charity at this time. Therefore if you itemize charitable deductions on your income tax, donations to WinCity Media do not qualify.