We occasionally get asked by friends and readers, “what can I do to help make WinCity News & Views a success?” We have been pleased and humbled by the many folks who read and support our project. If you’d like to help, read on.
We want to grow our readership because we are striving to create an electronic medium that speaks of and for Winchester and Clark County. To do that, we need to reach a critical mass of readers. Because we are all volunteers and have no budget or staff for marketing, we must rely on our readers to help increase awareness of our digital publication.
Here are some easy ways you can help us achieve our mission:
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (we hope to add more social media outlets soon.)
- Like, share, comment, and retweet our content on social media. This is very important. The more people interact with our content, the higher it moves in the algorithms that determine how far our reach is. More interaction = more people seeing our content.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get a weekly reminder of new articles — and forward the newsletter to friends who might be interested in our site.
- Review us on Facebook to show the world what you think of WCN&V.
- Tell your friends about us! There’s nothing like word-of-mouth advertising. Just ask them to visit wincitynews.org and check us out.
- Want to contribute material? If you have a gift for writing or photography and are interested in becoming a guest contributor to WCN&V, just go to our contact page and submit a sample of your writing. We rely on volunteers to supply us with fresh, original content that is of interest to folks in Clark County.
- Tell us how we’re doing. We value your feedback! Please let us know if we’re hitting the mark. Offer your comments and suggestions – tell us how we can better serve you. Use our contact form to offer your opinion.